1. Make a referral to the local AAA office in your county.
2. AAA will set up an appointment with the consumer within 5 days of the referral.
3. AAA assessor meets with individual and completes an initial assessment
4. AAA facilitates with the individual’s physician to obtain a physician’s certificate (within 30 days).
5. Once Physician’s Certificate is obtained, the AAA will meet with the consumer to complete a level of care assessment (LOCA) to determine medical eligibility for services (within 30 days).
6. After LOCA is completed, AAA will make a request to the local CAO to determine financial eligibility (within 45 days)
7. AAA offers the individual a choice of a Service Coordination Provider to facilitate services (offered at the AAA’s initial visit)
8. Upon approval, the Service Coordination Provider will meet with the consumer and offer choices of direct care providers and assist in facilitating any additional services the consumer needs.